No pictures, no Poems, November
Just me, this time.
It was a hard day. A week of poor sleep, low blood sugar, and all the general stress of not yet attracting the necessary abundance of cashflow, conspired to make for a grumpy, irritable, edge-of-tears Sara. Boo hoo.
I read a suggestion this week, of making a "how to get stressed-out" list. Here's how to get properly worked up, just in time for the holidays!
1. Make sure to be running 5-15 minutes late for everything.
2. wait until you are nearly out of gas to fill up the car.
3. Forgo actual meal in favor of crispy rice cereal and coffee.
4. Forget to eat lunch.
5. Make certain that none of your stuff is where you need it to be to get out the door on time.
6. Remember that PEOPLE WILL NOTICE EVERYTHING YOU DO WRONG. and really care about it!
in fact, they will tell their friends.
7. Stay up late reading social media posts about puppies and long-lost siblings and lifehacks.
8. Avoid nutritious food, meditation, exercise, and deep breathing as much as possible.
9. Wake up in the middle of the night and try to solve all your economic problems by mentally berating yourself.
10. 3 am is also a great time to rehash all your failures of the past year.
11. Now, feel badly about yourself, because these are First World Problems, you ungrateful wretch!
12. Expect your child to have much more patience, fortitude, foresight, and preparedness than you yourself possess.
If you do all that, I can guarantee that you will be a ball of tightly-wound, stressed-out, exasperated electricity, ready to zap unsuspecting passers-by!
Now, in order to undo all that, I guess I simply do the opposite.
November is the beginning of deep darkness around here. If I'm going to survive, it's time to work backwards and inside-out through that list, undoing all the cranking-up. Unwinding.
ok. One picture.
11/24/2013 10:38:56 am
I understand and have all of those minus telling the friends part. Life can be stressful in itself. The holidays aren't much help. I will say this - I think you are amazing! I wish I had a tenth of knowledge that you have, or was as well read as you, or could tell a story like you can or parent that way you do. I watch you and learn. So, please, have some food and try to unwind. I'll catch you on the flip side.
11/24/2013 11:42:45 am
I recognize those paws! Puppy love coming your way tomorrow morning around 11:30...
11/24/2013 10:38:29 pm
My heart rate increased by the time I read #6! Thanks for the warning!
Leave a Reply.
Hi. That's me. I write, sometimes, about parenting, storytelling, and about living a life with stories.